Friday 12 September 2014

The Hive Fleet is upon you!

As you all know I have a 'slight' interest in all things gribly, I had intend to do a Space Marine army for ToG but after buying it and starting to build it (and play with the less than half built army) I decided it may be a little too 'elite' to fit this purpose, so after much deliberation (literally about a second) I decided to create a 'small' addition to my Tyranid army and actually paint some models in the process.


My thinking was definitely not another 8 monsters to add into my force and looked at what my current army lacked.  So i decided a Tyranid Swarm box so i had a Carnifex, Hormagaints, Termagaunts and Gargoyles was a good start.  Back this up with 2 Tervigons and 2 Venomthropes (gotta love the cover save) a Mawloc and then a Tyranid prime to lead the army.  Then upon realising i need more gaunts i bought another swarm box with the intention of using the Gargoyles and Gaunts from it.

I figured it all comes in at around £100 per month but i would be left with a Carnifex, 2 warriors and 40 Hormagaunts which i could use to make it into 2000 pts at later date.

So i started today with my 500pts, wish me luck


Before assembly begins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment