Wednesday 10 September 2014

Gitgrinda

Well I am doing Orks. Specifically a detachment based on Codex: Orks Waaagh! Ghazghul supplement.

Why you may ask? I was inspired by the new Ork codex when I saw that a Stompa could be taken in a normal game of 40K and not just Apocalypse (yes I know I missed the Escalation book). Discussing with Matt the latest filth army lists we could think of led to the idea of a Stompa sitting on top of a Skyshield Landing Pad to give it a 4++ invulnerable save to shooting. You might want to go and have a quick shower after reading that!

So to make it happen I worked out the minimums to get the super heavy walker on the table. Initially looking at the Ork codex I decided on a Mek as HQ (which turned out to be illegal) and 3 units of grots. So for 120 points of HQ and core I could take a maxed out Stompa at 840. Then came a loot at Mek Gunz. With all the flyers in use it would be nice to knock them out the sky so maxing out on Traktor Kannons seemed the way to go.

The best laid plans of Grots and Orks.

Several Iterations later (including Matt stealing my idea and my Stompa for a few week, till I painted a bit of it hehe).

The epiphany came when I saw in Waaagh! Ghazghul a 4++ invulnerable save Kustom Force Field. I could have my save and stomp stuff too.

So the final list for now:

Big mek with Mega Kustom Force Field

Burna Boys - 3 as Meks
Burna Boyz - 3 as Meks

Grots
Grots

2 x Killa Kanz with Grotzooka's
2 x Killa Kanz with Scorcha's
2 x Killa Kanz with Rokkitlaucha's

The Big Meks and 2 units of Burna Boyz go in the Stompa for a 4++ invulnerable save and 7 Mek Tools repair rolls.

The Grots and Killa Kanz hang around abit till the enemy squishes them.

I am still thinking of dropping the grot riggers and taking a Traktor Kannon just because it is a cool model.

Oh did I mention? Using the detachment from Ghazghul means I have a 1 in 6 chance of getting Deep Strike on the Stompa...



This is Gitgrinda the Stompa - complete with Goff Rokk sound System.



Big models need a big garage.

Fil Gubbins - Da Drumma
 Oops I squished an Imperial Knight!

PS My task here really is to get the whole army painted up by December to and to meet the monthly challenges. I hope you are all feeling suitably inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment